Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Busy, busy, busy

Today I have to
  • Get the boys to school
  • Return a DVD (disk 2 of 2; I only returned 1)
  • Go to the grocery store
  • Volunteer in N's class
  • Call S's allergist
  • Call lumber wholesaler
  • Call contractor about repairing deck
  • Call "tree guy"
  • Do 2 loads of laundry
  • Tie up bundles of forsythia for recycling
  • Plant astilbe and liriope
  • Take N to counseling
And more, I'm sure. TTYL.

Updated, 7:19 p.m. -- Wow! I had a productive day!
  • Got the boys to school
  • Returned the DVD
  • Went to the grocery store
  • Volunteered in N's class
  • Called S's allergist (appointment tomorrow morning at 9 a.m.)
  • Called lumber wholesaler
  • Couldn't call contractor about repairing deck, because the wholesaler never got back to me
  • Called "tree guy"
  • Did 2 loads of laundry
  • Tied up bundles of forsythia for recycling
  • Did not plant astilbe and liriope -- well, nobody is perfect!
  • Took N to counseling
The counselor confirms the positive changes I've seen in N the last few weeks, saying that he is much more upbeat and open. He is really TALKING with her a lot, and when we're in there together, he asks me all kinds of questions that take my breath away -- about things I knew he wondered about, but on a level I hadn't been expecting. The big news -- !!! -- is that he approves of MB and thinks it would be a good thing if we got married. ROFLMAO. I laugh because N has been one of my biggest concerns and MB has considered him something of an enigma: "S, I can deal with, but N... I just don't know what to make of him." Now, I'm not going to let N make any decisions for MB and me, but it sure does ease my worries a bit.

N's main concern, what was drilled into me over and over today, is that he needs more information. More information. More information. Given his introspective nature, this does not surprise me. I just have to figure out what to tell him and how. Such an interesting journey parenthood is, even more so when it is interwoven with the WidowRoad.

3 comments:

  1. Dear Pentha, a friend sent me your blog - It has been nice reading it - thank you. My husband died 2 1/2 weeks ago - I'm lost, hard to get out of bed, my mind is gone...
    Can you send me some sites that might help? I so lonely - the only calls I get are from people I owe medical bills to. My husband left no life insurance. My husband - my hero - my best friend of 16 years - who struggled with non-hodgkins lymphoma for 10 months, we were told he was in "total remission" then died 4 weeks later in his reclyner/rocker.
    Help
    slanperti3105@charter.net (Sally)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sally, I sent you an email, with a few web addresses -- the ywbb, widownet, groww. If any of my Four Faithful Readers have other resources, please pass them along.

    -- Pentha, wishing you all a measure of peace today

    ReplyDelete
  3. For Sally, the YWBB kept me going in my darkest hours. I am sorry for your loss. I have met so many wonderful people there (many in person at Bagos I have attended).

    For Pentha, I am so happy for you. As a mother, you are "programmed" to worry about your children. I am sure Nick is smiling with delight that you are doing the job of two parents and grieving his death. You are a wonderful mother and an amazing woman, and a Brat, LOL. OH, and I love you.

    MB

    ReplyDelete