Friday, January 13, 2012

13. In my bag/purse/pocketbook


Really. That's it.


  • 2 receipts (one from a movie theater in Tucson!)
  • my drivers license and assorted insurance cards (some expired)
  • 2 gift cards (one for a Tucson retailer)
  • 4 grocery so-called "rewards" cards: 2 for Tucson stores and 2 for Safeway
  • National Parks Annual Pass
  • business card from the shuttle service at the hotel the boys and I stayed in last summer
  • cash and coins
  • lipstick and Carmex
  • assorted credit cards (including one expired Kohl's card and one not-yet-activated one)
  • one pencil (where's my pen???)
  • 2 bandaids
  • eyeglass-cleaning cloth and wipes
  • bloody-nose clamp (for Rock)

That's it. And there's even less now, because I threw out the receipts and the business card, shredded the expired insurance and credit cards (as well as the extraneous rewards cards), and gave most of the pennies to Rock.  My cell phone and car keys are on my desk, in case you're wondering.

When I commuted to work, I had a bigger purse, to hold lunch and a book. When the boys were little, I had a bigger purse that doubled as a diaper bag. Once I no longer needed to carry bottles and diaper wipes, I downsized as fast and as small as I could.

But you want to know something really sad?  I can still lose my keys in there.

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad that you listed everything, because from the picture I was having a really hard time figuring out what the bloody nose clamp was!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a brave woman! I did not dare!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Having a 2 year old means I have a purse full of interesting items!

    Along with all the regulars, of course.

    S.

    ReplyDelete