Monday, January 02, 2012

And now for something completely different

I just saw this photo-a-day challenge over at Amanda's blog.




I've never done a photo challenge before, but I like how she put it: Her writing muscle is sprained. My writing muscle isn't sprained, but my writing camera is out of focus. So, I think I'll use images to help me write, even if only a single paragraph or sentence.  Should be interesting.

Without further ado ...

1. YOU (which would be ME)


My friend Tara took this picture at the end of my annual holiday party a few nights ago. It's a bit grainy -- phones are meant for phone calls, not photographs -- but it captures the mood. I'm relaxed and basking in the afterglow of a lovely evening with friends. And because it's grainy, it doesn't show my age or my exhaustion.

This picture shows me the way I like to think of myself: content, lovely, smiling -- a far cry from what I actually see when I look in the mirror. Thank you, Tara.

2. BREAKFAST


Need I say more?

10 comments:

  1. Oooh! Tempting idea, especially given that I've become a Very Occasional Blogger. VERY Occasional.

    Love the two photos so far. You look lovely, and #2 made me laugh out loud.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a lovely photo that radiates peace and contentment. Somehow the second picture says to me 'hyper-activity' - the opposite of the first one !
    Click here for Bazza’s Blog ‘To Discover Ice’

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Betsy. You ARE beautiful! The photo is proof that you are beautiful on the outside as well!

    Love the photos of your boys too.

    Ali

    ReplyDelete
  4. [Love]!

    If I had the time, I'd do it too, because I'm a sucker for crap like that. =) (And I mean "crap like that" in the most endearing way possible!) But I'm barely remembering to get to bed at all this week, so it doesn't bode well for remembering to write a blog post with pictures every day for a month. But I look forward to keeping up with yours!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm late to commenting, but I've been following along on my phone. I loved this idea when I first read about it here, and look forward to each day. Now that I'm finally on the computer, I'm off to catch up on comments.

    S.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my, Alicia,

    I haven't been here in a while before my visit earlier today, but I noticed a lot more photo posts than usual. I clicked on photo challenge and worked my way backwards along those posts. And then it happened...

    Could this be the first photo of you that I've seen? I think that it is. Now for some fun! How does this match up with what I had imagined?

    Wait here, I'm going to go take another look.

    .
    .
    .

    I pictured you as a brunette. I don't know why, but I just did. Your smile in the photo is broad, but it also has the look of a sly grin, which fits with your wry sense of humor. I was wrong in that I thought that you were older. Not wretchedly old, mind you, just a little older, so it's good that I was wrong on that count. Your dress is lovely and your attractiveness comes through even with a slightly grainy photo. It's so nice to see you. :)

    Ray

    ReplyDelete
  7. Are you flirting with me, Ray??? :D

    Even if you're not, this 50+ woman appreciates the compliments. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, of course I am.

    You're very welcome.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I'm glad you're flirting with me: It's nice to have a mutual admiration society!

    ReplyDelete