Tuesday, February 14, 2012

A haiku for Valentine's Day

The online magazine Slate ran a contest, asking readers to submit their love stories in photographic form. Three photos, with captions ... a photographic haiku if you will.

And my entry was one of 20 winners.

I'm pleased.

You can see mine -- and all the others -- here.

Mine is the next-to-last one on the second page.  Regular readers of this blog will recognize all the photos. Only the captions are new.


  1. Beautiful!!!

    Happy Valentine's Day!

    May God surround you with love today.

  2. Hi Alicia,

    Your submission pulled at the heartstrings. A nice idea by Slate and a good selection of winning entries.

    Happy Valentine's Day to ya!


  3. Wow! What amazing stories. Alicia, yours was so simple and yet so powerful. What a sad story.

    1. Thank you.

      The moment I saw the contest announcement, I knew I wanted to enter, I knew what I wanted to say, and I knew what pictures I would use. Just one of those things.

      (I sent the link to my in-laws, btw -- no acknowledgement at all.)