Monday, November 19, 2012

19. Locked in overnight!

If you had to get locked in some place overnight alone,
where would you choose?

Being the practical soul that I am, I would want to be in an old-fashioned department store.  I'd go to the evening wear section and put on a gorgeous silk gown; I'd wander by the jewelry department for the right accessories -- preferably emeralds and sapphires; then I'd walk barefoot right past the shoe displays to the gourmet food section.  I'd select a few nice cheeses and chocolates and head over to the electronics department, find the old-movie channel, and set all 150 screens to Rick and Ilsa. 

After the movie, I'd return the luxury items to their places (except for those things that I'd eaten) and find myself a nice snuggly nightie and some really luxurious high-count Egyptian cotton sheets and make my way to the furniture section.  I'd also want to try one of those amazing $100 pillows -- can it really be worth that much money?  I'd leave a few lights on, but I'd settle in for a good night's sleep!

3 comments:

  1. Nice! Thanks for the smile this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grown up Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler-type experience! :-) (Rick and Ilsa... sigh... watched it yet again on Sunday. I don't want to admit how many times I'd seen it, or how many decades had gone by since the first viewing, before I realized she didn't really want to go with Victor. I was a little slow on the uptake...)

    ReplyDelete